Pay: $16.00/hr. starting
Job Types: Full-time position available (Monday through Friday). We are seeking a Front Office Assistant to join our Front Office Department! You will perform clerical and administrative functions in order to drive company success.
Company Description: People Empowering People of AZ Inc., has been serving the mental health needs of Arizona families for more than 15 years. Our agency specializes in providing outpatient services to the SMI, GMH, SU, and Deaf Populations across the valley. We treat a number of mental health disorders. Our focus is to help individuals heal, energize and become aware of their inner strengths.
● This is a full-time, in the office, 5 days a week, Monday-Friday, 09:00am-05:00pm Front Office Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position at People Empowering People of AZ Inc.
Front Office Assistant Job Duties:
● Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and continuously updating self-procedure folders. Prepares reports and correspondence as needed.
● Maintain confidentiality of records relating to patients' treatment in accordance with HIPAA Regulations and laws.
● Inputs patient information and demographics into the computer system.
● Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues/information.
● Coordinate patient care with behavioral health clinics in the service area
● Complies with operating systems and procedures by conducting and providing operating practices, record-keeping systems, filing, forms control, and personnel requirements; assisting to implement changes.
● Conducts and facilitates monthly fire drills.
● Complies with administrative staff training requirements as well as providing
information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities. Completes ongoing training and development through Relias and other systems.
● Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
● Distributes daily internal/external mail and packages; sends and distributes faxes.
● Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; informing supervisor of the need for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
● Maintains a clean office environment by dusting, sweeping, sanitizing, taking out trash, vacuuming & wiping down all office areas.
● Operates office equipment such as copier, fax machine, shredder, mailing scale, desktop, desk phone, security system, etc.
● Provides patient information by answering questions and requests. Ensures high
standards of customer service are met.
● Greets patients and visitors at the office following established procedures including but not limited to having all visitors sign in using the appropriate sign in form, informing appropriate personnel of visitor arrival, screening visitors. Serves as initial contact for all patients visiting the office.
● Answers and screens telephone calls in a professional and timely manner; takes accurate messages with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy; arranges conference calls. Completes warm transfers to other departments. Delivers oral or written messages.
● Clears messages & voicemails daily and delivers to appropriate departments.
● Documents all contacts, actions, and responses in the appropriate database.
● Resolves complaints and answers questions according to policies and procedures.
● Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
● Other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
Computer skills including working knowledge of G-Suite, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar. In addition, effective interpersonal skills, ability to follow instructions, good written and verbal communication skills, professionalism, good customer service, knowledge of HIPAA, time management skills, typing skills, and sound judgment. Previous experience in Behavioral Health preferred. Previous experience as a receptionist/administrative assistant preferred.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Certifications/Licenses (all required prior to start date):
To be considered for this position, please click "apply now" to submit your online application! Once submitted, our HR team will review it within 48 hours and contact you with potential next steps! We look forward to receiving your application!
Copyright © 2021 People Empowering People of AZ, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
PEP is Licensed as an Behavioral Health Outpatient Clinic by the Arizona Bureau of Facility Licensure CSLG 5859
Powered by GoDaddy